Balboa Academy High School participates in a variety of field studies throughout the year. We believe that taking students to the field enriches the learning experience.
The list below describes a few of the field studies that have taken place in the past two years:
- Isla Saboga – students participated in a sailing course, camping, and community service with the local children.
- Summit Garden and Casco Viejo – AP art students apply the elements of art
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Station Genetics Data Base Lab – Biology students visit the lab to get a better understanding of gene sequencing and how it is used.
- Gamboa Rainforest – students hike the trials to get a better understanding of the rich biodiversity in Panama.
- MUN events in several locations in Panama
- Global Issues Network conferences – Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Monterey, Mexico; Medellin, Colombia and International School of Panama
- EcoVenao, Pedasi, Saboga Panama – Ecology club visits the area and learned about sustainability.
- Summit Resort and Gamboa Rainforest Resort – DRACO retreat
- Numerous plays in Panama – Spanish classes
- Latin America Special Olympics – freshmen and sophomores volunteer
- Panama Beach Clean-up – all high school
- Biodiversity Museum, Panama
- AASCA Leadership Conference, Antigua, Guatemala
- Rome and Florence, Italy – Art history tour
- China Tour
- Business Masters Competition – England