This Privacy Notice provides guidance and information regarding how BALBOA ACADEMY collects, uses, discloses, and protects privacy and personal information (defined below).
BALBOA ACADEMY, with address at Jorge Gil Street, Knowledge City, Panama City, Panama, as the responsible of the collection of the personal information is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal information.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our treatment and use of data.
We collect and use personal information to offer people information, products, and services. This policy will apply in all locations where we operate, to all forms of information and to all systems used to collect, store, process, or transfer information, including our website, apps, social media pages, or other platforms that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Site”).
We will use your data and Personal Information only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below, which describes the steps we take to ensure the processing of your personal data.
PERSONAL INFORMATION: WHAT IS, HOW WE COLLECTED, HOW WE USED.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, image, email address, cellular, home and office phone number, mailing address, personal id of parents or legal guardians, financial information.
As described in more detail below, we collect Personal Information from you and your child in two ways – when you voluntarily submit Personal Information through a form; and through information we automatically collect when you use the Site.
Information that You Provide Us
In various places on the Site, we request information from you via forms. The exact Personal Information we need to collect will depend on the purpose of the form.
For example, if you submit a school inquiry, we request contact information, including your full name, email address, and address of home residence.
We will indicate on the form whether a particular field of Personal Information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide certain Personal Information, we may not be able to provide requested services.
Information We Automatically Collect from You
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Site:
• Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’s processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.” You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• Log File Information
When you use our Site, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Site to help secure the Site by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Site to improve the Site’s function and content.
What data information is collected and processed?
We may collect and process the following:
1. Photographs of the child and parents
2. Name, email and phone number of Parents or legal guardians.
3. Personal photo id of parents or legal guardians.
4. Contact Information (cellular, residence phone, office phone, emails) of parents or legal guardian.
5. Medical records of Child (i.e. age, type of blood, allergies and/or any relevant health information or condition).
6. Physical address (location of home) of child
7. Financial information
8. Any other information collected through any documents filed by the student or legal guardian
What do we use the information for?
1. The legal basis for this use and other processing will include (as relevant):
1. To achieve the more effective communication with Parents or legal guardians or your child by email, phone call, video conferences, chats.
2. Provide services relating to your child and to work on improving our services (enquiries, customer surveys and feedback);
3. To provide you with relevant marketing communications about school activities, information about the curriculum, program, expectations, class rules, and other important topics.
4. We may also disclose your personal information to Medical Care, Governmental and regulatory bodies and other third parties where required to do so.
5. Student, parent, and staff contact information may be shared within the school community to facilitate timely and effective communication for school-related purposes. No member of the BALBOA ACADEMY school community is authorized to share contact information for purposes other than those that are school-related. Parents have the option to limit the use of their contact information to official school business only.
6. To process the payment for services provided by BALBOA ACADEMY.
7. To comply with a legal obligation
ACCESSING, UPDATING, OR DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to access, update, delete, oppose or transfer (ARCO rights: access, rectification, cancellation, objection to use or request to transfer your Personal Information), you may submit a request using the Contact Us below. When doing so, please tell us which right you are exercising and provide us with contact information to direct our response. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable Panamanian Law. Depending on your relationship with us, certain rights may apply with respect to your personal data.
Photographs, videos and such may be taken at our events/courses for use in the future on the BALBOA ACADEMY Site. If there is an image or video of you or your child used anywhere on BALBOA ACADEMY Site that you wish us to consider removing, please contact us.
We must verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process.
We may deny certain requests, or only fulfill some in part, as permitted or required by Panamanian Law.
BALBOA ACADEMY does not share personal information with third parties except with government bodies when is required by law or to safeguard the life of the student.
All Personal Information from you or the student is retained for the time the service contract is valid or deleted if no service contract is subscribed with BALBOA ACADEMY.
For further information or if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact: Julia Achurra <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
UPDATING THE PRIVACY NOTICE We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time in our sole discretion. If we make changes, we will send you a notification by e-mail / cellphone or directly to our Site .